Selling a service needs a completely different approach compared to selling a product. Selling a service is all about trust.
Take legal or accountancy as an example
People are not buying a product it’s a service and that requires one thing above all others.
It’s a worry
- How does a potential client know you can solve their problem?
- How does a potential client know you will work well together?
- How can a potential client trust you?
Everything starts with that simple question and how you answer it depends on whether or not they pick up the phone.
I think it’s safe to assume the following for anyone that requires help from a professional service
- They will ask friends and family for a recommendation
- They will do a search online
- They will make the decision to pick up the phone based on a visit to a firm’s website
The problem is that if all the websites they visit tend to look and say the same thing.
Making that final decision will be more luck than judgement.
The three most clicked links on a professional services website are:
- The contact page
- The people page
- The recruitment page
So what’s the solution?
If you think like a client it’s very clear.
The answer is a video profile.
Video is the tool to connect with prospective clients because it’s easily digested and it gives clients a sense of who you are before they have to pick up the phone.
A video doesn’t have to be a complicated production, but don’t even think about using video unless you’re willing to invest time, thought and a little bit of money.
Think about this.